6.03.2018

10 Years

This month marks 10 years of the existence of this blog.

10 years of randomness.
10 years of updates.
10 years of anonymous stories.
10 years of rambling and ranting.
10 years of pictures.
10 years of music experiences.
10 years of quotes.
10 years of poetic revelations.
10 years of learning.
10 years of sharing.
10 years of musings and inspirations.
10 years of alchemy.


I still remember why I started this blog. I remember it was during the Myspace days, I started to use the blog function. Then I stumbled some profile of a friend of a friend had a link to their blog. And I was hooked instantly on the concept of a blog. I wanted somewhere to put funny pictures, to write random thoughts, and then it evolved to a full blown diary of sorts. I started posting on Myspace, and eventually simultaneously posted on both and then deleted my Myspace. I remember how gratifying it was. One of the best decisions I've ever made, doing that and creating this blog. I just spent the last hour and a half reading and skimming over the many posts I made in the first year of this blog. It is really cool to see the evolution of not only the blog, but of myself. I started this in a very pivotal time in my life, just shortly after my first year of college. I was doing new things, experiencing new things, learning a lot, dreaming a lot, making new friends and memories. It all greatly shaped me. But the blog has too. I have spent a lot of time writing and realizing more about myself as I was writing. I was completely anonymous when I started and still mostly is. Only a few friends knew about it and even fewer friends actually read any of it. I can only count two current friends that still read this, to my knowledge at least. I can look back and see all the self realizations and self discoveries I've made, as I so love to call them. Some of my favorite posts, the ones unrelated to my self discoveries, are the ones that talked about my college classes. They give me a little glimpse into that time. I was very busy then, overwhelmed, but I loved most of my classes and how the made me think and feel. It's so wonderful to be able to see all that, granted I wish I had written more!

This is me today!


I have no clear goal of what I wanted to write today, but I did see a couple posts that I wanted to recreate.

This first one is a quick interview with Mike Rowe, who I wrote about often because Dirty Jobs is one of my favorite shows. I figured I would give myself the same interview in a very quick off-the-top-of-my-head manner without much thought behind it.

What is your favorite word? Beauty
What is your least favorite word? Woot
What turns you on? Intellectual conversations
What turns you off? Ignorance
What is your favorite curse word? Fuck
What sound or noise do you love? The sound of waves
What sound or noise do you hate?  Baby cries
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Forensic investigator
What profession would you not like to do? Drug rehabilitation counselor
If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? "I'm real, bitch!"

Another post I wrote that I want to recreate is the Proust Questionnaire.

Your favorite virtue: Love
Your favorite qualities in a man: Open-mindedness, intellect, humor, honesty, decisiveness, and humility
Your favorite qualities in a woman: Open-mindedness, intellect, humor, honesty, decisiveness, and humility
Your chief characteristic: Empathy
What you appreciate the most in your friends: That they know me and make me question myself
Your main fault: Jealousy
Your favorite occupation: Artist
Your idea of happiness: Stress free, relaxed, completely content with every aspect of life at a given moment. The height of inspiration
Your idea of misery: Unending emotional and physical pain and no control of mentality/sanity
If not yourself, who would you like to be?: A man with a profession in nature without a care in the world
Where would you like to live?: Australia
Your favorite colour and flower and bird: Red, Rose, Raven
Your favorite authors: Diane Ackerman, Anne Rice, David Sedaris, Thomas Harris, etc.
Your favorite poets: Homer, Shel Silverstein, Diane Ackerman
Your favorite heroes in fiction: Batman, The Crow, Frodo, Gandalf, Aragorn
Your favorite heroines in fiction: Phoenix
Your favorite painters and composers: Salvador Dali, Alex Grey, Sylvia Ji. I cannot pick a composer, but do love classical music
Your heroes in real life: All the people who affected me enough to get me where I am
Your heroines in real life: Ditto
What characters in history do you most dislike: The overbearingly religious, racist, sexist, and violent
Your heroines in World history: Feminists and any woman who made a positive difference and inspired change
Your favorite food and drink: Sushi, tacos, and red wine
Your favorite names:Usually Greek god and goddess names. I'm fond of names beginning in J
What I hate the most: The decline of humanity, being ignored
The military event I admire the most: I don't really have much admiration for the military
The reform I admire the most: The Renaissance. The expansion of art and logical thinking, the science revolution that pissed off the church. As well as the #MeToo movement.
The natural talent I'd like to be gifted with: Mind reading, but in reality, I would like to be a better artist
How I wish to die: For another person or cause
What is your present state of mind: Reflective
For what fault have you most tolerated?: Ignorance
Your favorite motto: I believe in the golden rule but have no mottos....should find one. But as I said in the original questionnaire, I'm always striving for happiness.

Most of my answers were left unchanged. I probably would of left most of them but decided to write more clear answers for some of them instead. I like to think I am still myself after all these years. I've grown a lot and take a lot of pride in that because I did the work on my own. I have been striving for happiness and self growth. The blog and the wonderful people in my life deserve my gratitude beyond words. Because this blog is about my mind, I can still say that I love the person that I am. I am first to tell you my flaws, but also first to see beauty in all around me. Still. Thank goodness, still, I can do that.

Here's to the next 10 years!!

No comments: