3.26.2018

Notes From the Universe

I wrote this one night after drinking at home by myself:

Months ago I signed up for Notes From the Universe and nothing. It took me awhile to realize that I wasn't getting anything so I searched low and high on their website and then I just emailed them, no response but I finally did get a Note From the Universe on Monday it was okay, a little confusing. Then I got this one at midnight and I read it through and I don't fully get it but for whatever reason this first line makes me cry and then I forgot about it and then I open it back up and read the first line again and it makes me cry. So what is it about this that strikes me so emotional? I don't know, I got to figure it out.

I know you already know this, but Alyssa, the only way one can find their way is to first be lost. To make it big, start out small. To fall in love, first feel none. Yet, when these adventures begin and the dreamers suddenly find themselves lost, small, and alone, you should hear the "expletives"!

 So, look at it like this: Any such feelings are simply a sign that you've made a really, really big and daring "wish," and its manifestation has already begun.

Foxy, clever, wry -
  The Universe

After several dozen notes I had unsubscribed from the notes as they weren't really what I had expected and I also learned that others got some identical notes as I did, taking away the uniqueness for me. However, rereading this particular one, I see more why it struck me the way it did. Granted, whatever I was feeling in that moment was stronger, but still the mention of being lost was what got to me. Reading this now, however, makes me also think about my brother, the one who has been lost so much, who has hit rock bottom and will probably continue to do so throughout his life. This one and one other note has been the most profound of the several that I received.

The reason old souls enjoy spending time alone, Alyssa, is because they never really are.

Much love from your invisible friends, 
 The Universe

That last one warms my heart, a thought I will probably carry for the rest of my days.

No comments: